Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bea Arthur: Rest in Peace, Classy Lady

Bea Arthur passed away today.
She was 86, and she passed peacefully with friends and family around her.
Crickets, this makes me sad.
Growing up, we didn't get a lot of television, but one show I remember watching with my grandmother as a kid was Maude. I don't remember a lot about it except the theme song, and Bea Arthur's LOOK.
There was a look she'd get when somone was being stupid or making her angry that managed to say so much more than just a thousand words.



And then there was the Golden Girls.



Dorothy Zbornak is one of the greats of television.

She even earned her geek cred by not only voicing the Femputer in Futurama, but by singing in the Star Wars Holiday Special. Check her out:





I will miss you, Bea Arthur.

No comments:

Post a Comment